Special Enews: Covid Protection Framework

View web version | Unsubscribe

CHANGES IN RESPECT TO GOVERNMENT NEW COVID PROTECTION FRAMEWORK & REGULATIONS NOW IMPOSED ON THE EVENT INDUSTRY

As you will be aware a new Covid Protection Framework is about to come into effect which has associated Government restrictions imposed on the Events industry sector which we are legally required to follow.

Right from 23rd October 2021 when the Government’s first announcement of the planned change in Covid Protection Framework and news of the implications to the Event Industry, we announced we would continue the 75% refund available at that time until further notice, giving us time to assess the changes as they developed and be absolutely certain how they would affect our event business. Just as we could not foresee the current changes when we released our entries in early June, we cannot foresee what the future will bring. However, we have done our utmost to think through all the possible scenarios that could play out so you, our participants are fully aware of our plans moving forward and the options available to you.

Firstly, from the 3rd of December 2021, it is required that all our event staff, contractors, marshals etc working on the Spirited Women Adventure Race’s in 2022 must be double vaccinated. Furthermore, as the Spirited Women Adventure Race has greater than 100 entrants, we are required to sight all entrants’ My Vaccination Passes and have the right to ask for identification to verify these.

IMPLICATIONS OF THE GOVERNMENT’S NEW COVID PROTECTION FRAMEWORK FOR ENTRANTS

With our event company abiding by the new laws placed upon the Event Industry, individuals who are not vaccinated will not be able to attend the Spirited Women Adventure Race.

If any team has one or more team members who are not vaccinated, they have one of four options to consider –

  1. replacing that team member
  2. participate as a team of three (the team gift box will still contain all four members event merchandise)
  3. withdraw the entire team from the event and receive a 75% refund (less $40 admin fee), no questions asked.
  4. advertising & selling their team entry*

* If you are able to find someone to buy your entry, please contact us and we can advise on how to proceed to make the switch with no costs incurred.

Subsequently, we have decided to extend the 75% refund to the 24th of December 2021 (three weeks from when the new Government legislation takes effect) to give teams time to decide how they wish to proceed and contact us they would like to withdraw. From the 25th December 2021, the refund percentages will return back to the original dates advertised on the website when entries were first released.

IMPLICATIONS OF THE GOVERNMENT’S NEW COVID PROTECTION FRAMEWORK ON THE EVENT DELIVERY

Under the new Traffic Light system Red, Orange and Green colour’s (replacing the previous Alert Levels 1-4) very different possible scenario’s (see below) now present themselves to us in respect to the delivery or postponement of the event.

The possible scenarios as they stand are:

 (Green Light)

Scenario 1: Event will go ahead – minor changes The 2022 event will go ahead as planned if the region the event is being held in is in Green (or the old level one or two) and the rest of NZ is at Orange or Green (or the old level two or lower). The event does not require the whole country to be at Green. Orange regions are permitted to travel to a Green region to participate. AnchorAll four team members will need to attend the Rego-Expo together. My Vaccination Passes and a form of photo identification (i.e., Drivers Licence or Passport) will be required by all. Supporters and Spectators will be prohibited from attending the event on Race Day.

Scenario 2: Postponement The 2022 event will be postponed if the region is at Green (or the old level one) and any other region of NZ with a high number of participation entrants is at Red (or the old Level three or higher). A Springtime postponement date will then be communicated to all entrants once this has been finalised with all the necessary stakeholders.


(Orange Light)

Scenario 3: Event will go ahead – minor changes The 2022 event will go ahead as planned if the region the event is being held in is at Orange (or the old level two) and the rest of NZ is at Orange or Green (or the old level two or lower). The event does not require the whole country to be at Green. Green regions are permitted to travel to an Orange region to participate. All four team members will need to attend the Rego-Expo together. My Vaccination Passes and a form of photo identification (i.e., Drivers Licence or Passport) will be required by all. Supporters and Spectators will be prohibited from attending the event on Race Day.

Scenario 4: Postponement The 2022 event will be postponed if the region the event is being held in is at Orange (or the old level two) and any other region of NZ with a high number of participation entrants is at Red (or the old Level three or higher). A Springtime postponement date will then be communicated to all entrants once this has been finalised with all the necessary stakeholders.

Level 3 or 4 (Red Light)

Scenario 5: Postponement The 2022 event will be postponed if the region the event is being held in is at Red (or the old level three or higher), regardless of what colour (or old alert level) the rest of NZ is at. A Springtime postponement date will then be communicated to all entrants once this has been finalised with all the necessary stakeholders.

We feel it is extremely important to say, we really want to run our 2022 events, however, we also understand for everyone’s sake any postponement decision will need to be made as far in advance as possible.

In this instance, we would like to give you the heads up that we will make the final decision on how to proceed with our CHB event at 5 pm on Thursday the 3rd February 2022 (three weeks out from the event). Likewise, the final decision on how to proceed with our Wanaka event will be made at 5 pm on Thursday the 10th March 2022 (three weeks out from the event).

Should the decision to postpone either event be made, we will inform all entrants of our decision by email.  If, however, these dates pass and you have not received an email, please assume the event is still going forward with minor changes.

We sincerely hope the above addresses our event company’s new legal obligations and openly & honestly details how we are mandated to operate, the options available to you (the entrant) and all delivery scenarios at play at this current point in time.

Yours sincerely, Neil, Kat and Debbie

FYI – 2022 Event Cover Cancellation Insurance in place

(Applies to both the 2022 CHB & Wanaka events)

Where insurance can be obtained and in the case of a cancellation due to adverse weather, natural disaster, or terrorism, etc., then provided the insurance claim is accepted, a full entry fee will be refunded to each team.

Where insurance cannot be obtained, in the case of a communicable disease, pandemic, actual or threatened war, or unimaginable things such as an invasion or act of foreign enemies, etc. the event will be postponed to a date in Spring (tbc) and the team’s entry would be carried over. Team members who cannot participate on the new postponement date can be replaced for free as per normal. Complete teams who cannot participate on the new postponement date can advertise and sell their entry as per normal.

In the instance we have to cancel the event on the new Spring postponement date due to adverse weather, natural disaster, or terrorism, etc, then provided the insurance claim is accepted, a full entry fee will be refunded to each team.

If, however, the new Spring postponed event happens to be cancelled due to things insurance cannot be obtained for (communicable disease, pandemic, actual or threatened war, or unimaginable things such as an invasion or act of foreign enemies etc), then the event company is not obligated to give any refund or transfer. However, in good faith, the event company will do its utmost to return to entrants all unspent budgeted delivery expenses and successfully recall venue/contractor/service costs that were cancelled.

JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA

View web version | Unsubscribe